UCLA AIDS Institute / CFAR Grand Rounds: This monthly lecture series, which is offered by the UCLA CFAR / AIDS Institute, consists of hour-long lunchtime lectures, delivered by invited guests or distinguished members of the Institute faculty, on a broad range of subjects. The aims of the program are to highlight important developments in AIDS-related research, encourage collaborations between UCLA investigators and invited speakers, interest young investigators in AIDS research, and provide information about new findings and new funding opportunities.
Grant N. Colfax, M.D.
Director, White House Office of National AIDS Policy
“National HIV/AIDS Strategy and the HIV Care Continuum Initiative”
Friday, December 13, 2013
12:00pm to 1:00pm
Seminar supported by the Michael Gottlieb fund.
Hosted by the International Health Services and Policy Program Section
- A light lunch will be served promptly at noon.
- Admission is free but space is limited.
- To reserve a seat please click here
FYI: The referenced event will be held at:
UCLA Campus at the Center for Health Sciences building (CHS building, in room 23-105). See attached map
of location. There is not a street address.
For directions from the 10 FWY:
- West on 10 FWY
- North on 405 FWY
- Exit on Wilshire Blvd (heading east)
- Turn left on Glendon Ave heading towards UCLA. Find street parking on either Glendon Ave, Tiverton Drive, or Le Conte Avenue. You can also pay for parking at PCHS, but there are no parking validations.
For directions from Sunset Blvd:
- West on Sunset Blvd
- Left on Hilgard Ave
- Right onto Le Conte Ave. Find street parking.
From the White House Office of National AIDS Policy (ONAP):
The White House Office of National AIDS Policy (ONAP) will be hosting two webcasts to gather input from stakeholders and the community on what federal agencies can do to improve outcomes along the HIV Care Continuum.
The webcasts are free, and open to the public. They will be held on Monday, September 16 and Tuesday, September 24 from 1:00 pm-2:30 pm EDT. You will be able to provide input on the questions below by calling-in or via email.
Each webcast will begin with a brief update on the National HIV/AIDS Strategy and the HIV Care Continuum and be followed by input from the participants on the questions below.
In your on-going work to implement the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, and within the framework of the Care Continuum, please be prepared to discuss the following on each webcast:
- What structural, policy, and programmatic actions could be taken to improve care continuum outcomes?
- What actions could be taken so that evidence-based interventions focusing on the care continuum are further integrated into other proven approaches to addressing HIV? (e.g., housing, substance use treatment)?
- What are the research gaps, including implementation research gaps, along the care continuum?
- What actions are needed so that care continuum data are used effectively to monitor outcomes and drive real-time change across programs?
Please go to the following URL on the day of the Webcast to be connected:
September 16: http://services.choruscall.com/links/hrsa130916_WH.html
September 24: http://services.choruscall.com/links/hrsa130924_WH.html
Please feel free to forward this message to your colleagues and community partners. We hope you are able to participate.
National HIV/AIDS Strategy Update Meeting from Susan Forrest on Vimeo.
National HIV/AIDS Strategy Update Meeting
Los Angeles, California
hosted by the Los Angeles Commission on HIV
moderated by Richard Zaldivar, Executive Director, The Wall Las Memorias
presented by Dr. Grant Colfax, Director of the Office of National AIDS Policy (ONAP)