For more information, please contact Alonso Bautista, MA, MFTI at 323-869-5408 or visit http://www.AltaMed,org and search job openings utilizing the job title listed below and apply directly online:
Job Title: Case Manager III – HIV Services
Under the general supervision of the Mental Health Supervisor, the Case Manager III will be responsible for functions related to the Home-Based Case Management/Medi-Cal Waiver Program (HBCM/MCWP) or the Medical Care Coordination (MCC) program. This position will work as part of the interdisciplinary team in a primary medical care facility for persons living with HIV and AIDS. The scope of duties include but are not limited to: conduct psychosocial assessments and re-assessments of the patients enrolled in the HBCM/MCWP or MCC programs, provide social and community referrals to assist patient with accessing psychosocial services provide emotional/mental health crisis interventions, participate in case presentation with the RN Case Manager (RNCM) involved in care of patient conduct emergency referrals, document promptly and assist clients with advocacy and education about HIV and AIDS. For LCSW, clinical duties may be assigned which will include short-term therapy, crisis intervention, and other evidenced-based practices.
- Conducts initial comprehensive psychosocial assessments of new patients and periodic reassessment as indicated by contract protocols and any changes in client’s medical, mental and/or emotional status.
- Works closely with the RNCM and others from the comprehensive medical team to develop and implement comprehensive quality care plans.
- Provides appropriate referrals; acts as a liaison and advocate for client with other agencies, facilitation access to public assistance programs and other AIDS organizations, medical needs, mental health services, housing, and any other care plans.
- Provide crisis interventions and/or other interventions within the scope of practice. Assesses clients for indicators of any acute and/or ongoing psychological distress and/or substance abuse.
- For LCSW, provide age-appropriate and culturally sensitive counseling and individual/family treatment as well as assistance in family life crisis situations.
- Attend and participate in program meetings, including weekly multidisciplinary team meetings. Consultation and ongoing communication with the other members of the multi-disciplinary team about the client and result of evaluation and interventions.
- Provide counseling/education to client and his/her family
- Prepare, organize and maintain client’s chart.
- Keep track of changes on state forms and consents.
- Maintains and completes accurate and timely documentation.
- Maintains a case load of 40 patients(HBCM/MCWP program only).
- Keeps abreast of latest medical information regarding HIV and AIDS.
- Attend weekly clinical supervision (group and individual) in accordance with regulatory board requirements.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Case Managers I & II as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology or Social Work required; licensed-eligible (clinical supervision provided).
- If licensed LCSW, must maintain current licensure through California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- A minimum of one year of experience working with HIV populations required.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with diverse organizations and constituencies, including the HIV/AIDS, Latino, Gay, Lesbian and Transgender communities.