Invitation to participate in the Mental Health Workforce Education and Training (WET) Program community forums
The Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) invites you to participate in the Mental Health Workforce Education and Training (WET) Program community forums. These community forums will engage stakeholders to provide feedback on the next Mental Health WET Five-Year Plan. The Mental Health WET Five-Year-Plan provides a framework on how to improve and develop mental health workforce education and training programs at the County, Regional, and State Levels.
OSHPD seeks feedback on:
- Engagement and employment of mental health consumers and family members in the mental health workforce;
- Engagement and employment of diverse, racial, ethnic community, and underrepresented individuals in the mental health workforce;
- Incentives to recruit and retain students to enter mental health careers;
- Education and training programs for mental health providers (expansion, curriculum);
- Reduction of stigma associated with mental illness in the workforce; and
- Regional collaboration on mental health workforce development strategies.
Target audience includes, but is not limited to: mental health providers, educators, consumer and family members, individuals from multi-cultural communities, county mental health directors/administrators, county mental health contractors, and workforce development leaders and staff. Community forums are not limited to members of the counties the meetings will take place in. We invite members of surrounding counties to also attend and provide us feedback.
Below are dates, locations and times of the 14 community forums. Please RSVP to OSHPD.MHSAWET@oshpd.ca.gov or (916) 326-3635 indicating your name, organization, and community forum you will be attending. If you have any questions, please contact Elvira Chairez at Elvira.Chairez@oshpd.ca.gov or (916) 326–3635. (more…)